Blueberries, matcha green tea and vanilla ice cream... It isn't healthy per se, but it is delicious and high in antioxidants. Chopped ginger root adds nuance and boosts the energy level the matcha provides with its fiery flavor.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: One to two servings
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk (For a thicker milkshake, use less milk.)
- 1 Tbsp matcha latte mix or matcha green tea, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 tsp peeled, very finely chopped ginger root
- Mix the milk and matcha into a paste, adding milk to the matcha powder gradually in a small bowl.
- Blend all ingredients well in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into one to two glasses.
- Top the milkshake with matcha green tea garnish.
- Serve immediately.