If you are a fan of green tea, then chances are you will also enjoy having green tea ice cream. If this happens, there are a couple of ways you can get your hands on some of this delicious ice cream. The first method is to search the supermarkets in the frozen food aisle looking for a tub of green tea ice cream. The second method, however, implies the use of a green tea ice cream recipe.
Ingredients For Making Green Tea Ice Cream:
- » 1 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- » 3/4 cup whipped Heavy Cream
- » 3/4 cup Milk
- » 2 Egg Yolks
- » 5 tbsp Sugar
- » 3 tbsp Hot Water
Steps for Preparation of Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe
1. Take a small dish and mix with hot water and green tea powder together and keep aside. Then take a pan and lightly whisk the egg yolks together.
2. Add sugar to egg yolks, lightly beaten, gradually adding the milk as well. Next, place the pan on the stove over a low heat. Stir in sugar, egg yolk and milk mixture constantly to avoid sticking to the pan.
3. In a dish or bowl large enough to contain runoff pan in ice water. When the mixture has thickened, remove from heat and place the pot in the dish with ice water. That's cool sugar mixture thickens.
4. Then add green tea to this mixture and mix well. Remember to keep the pan in cold water again. Now you can add whipped cream to heavy and mix well.
5. If you have an ice cream maker, then pour this mixture of green tea in it and freeze. If not, then pour into a container and freeze, but you must remember to stir the ice cream a few times.