Green tea is known for its health benefits, including the ability to provide antioxidants. Guests can enjoy a hot green tea, or pour it over ice for a refreshing drink on a hot day. It takes less than 20 minutes to brew iced green tea.
Steps on To Make Iced Green Tea
1. Add 4-6 cups water, 1 to 2 tbsp. ground ginger and a cup of artificial sweetener in a large saucepan. Boil the mixture over medium heat until it reaches a temperature of 100 degrees F.
2. Set the temperature of the stove down once the water boils. Continue boiling water over low heat for another 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let the water cool. Place six green tea bags into the liquid, with a cup of mint leaves or 1 tsp. lemon zest. Omit the mint and lemon zest, if you prefer to have plain, green tea without the extras.
4. Cover pan with a lid and let steep tea bags in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to get the maximum flavor of green tea.
5. Remove the tea bags after the liquid cools. Pour the green tea into a pitcher or similar container.
6. Stir in 2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice and 1/2 cup honey. You may need to add more honey or lemon juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate the pitcher green tea until it is cooled. This amount of green tea should be five or six glasses.